*For further details and full terms and conditions please refer to the Service Booklet & Owner’s Manual.
1. Q: What is the warranty period for Mitsubishi cars?
A : Mitsubishi cars have a 5 year warranty or 100,000 km (whichever comes first). Customers must bring the vehicle in for a periodic maintenance inspection at Mitsubishi Service Center as scheduled.
2. Q :What happens if the vehicle is not regularly checked at Mitsubishi Service Center as scheduled?
A : The 5 year or 100,000 km Diamond Warranty will be forfeited.
3. Q : Which auto parts have different warranty period from the regular warranty?
A : Tyres warranty period is 2 years; battery warranty is 1 year or 20,000 km.
4. Q : What damages and situations are not covered in the warranty?
A : Modified vehicle and installation of additional parts/accessories that are not certified by Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Limited.
5. Q : At what intervals (months or km) must I bring the vehicle in for routine inspection?
A : Routine inspection must be done every 10,000 km or 6 months (whichever comes first).
6. Q : How many time will Mitsubishi waive the labor cost of periodic maintenance inspection?
A : Mitsubishi waive the labor cost of periodic maintenance inspection for up to 10 times.
7. Q : Why do we need to change engine oil as scheduled?
A : Because engine oil assists in cleaning and removing sludges from the engine, minimizing wear and tear of engine parts thus enabling the engine to run smoothly and efficiently, extending the vehicle’s usable life and saving us from various expenses in the long run.
8. Q : What happens if the oil is not changed as scheduled?
A : Engine oil used longer than the time or distances set will not effectively clean and lubricate the engine resulting in incomplete combustion and accumulation of sludges which may cause engine performance problem.